Be a baking legend this week with Cams Family Favourite Chocolate Cream Cookies, low sugar and Gluten Free – meets most families needs!
Chocolate Cream Cookies
A homemade version of the commercial Choc Oreo Biscuits. This recipe is low sugar and Gluten-free. It can be just as easily made with normal flour or even spelt flour. To flour it up maybe some coffee mixed into the cream or even some strawberry jam, to add some kick!
- 1 Cup GF self-raising flour
- 2 tbs Xylitol (sugar replacement)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 75g cold unsalted butter, diced
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tbs rice malt syrup
- 125g Cream cheese
- 25g Butter, softened
- 1tbs rice malt syrup
- ½ ts vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Combine flour, Xylitol and Cocoa in a food processor. Add butter and process until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add milk and syrup and mix till it forms a dough. It should look nice and smooth.
- Layout, onto a lined baking dish, portions that are about the size of a 50c piece. (If it’s a dry-mix, use a rolling pin to roll out to about 5mm thick and use a cookie-cutter, or if like the video it’s a cake batter use spoons to lay it out)
- Bake for about 12min. Then leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk the cream cheese till light and creamy, add butter, rice malt syrup and vanilla essence and whisk till combined. If you want to add your own flavour go for it!
- Once cookies are cool place about a teaspoon of filling in the centre of a cookie and place another over the top and gently squeeze them together.
The Fathering Project
Cooking with Cameron
Every Wednesday, we’re calling all dads to apron up with the kids and cook dinner for the family. Show us your MasterChef skills by tagging @thefatheringproject across Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe for Updates