A warm potato salad is great as a side dish or even just on its own! This recipe is a German inspired mix. So get into it and enjoy a tasty meal!
- 1kg baby potatoes (waxy)
- 100g streaky bacon, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion
- ¼ cup butter (or oil)
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1tsp mustard
- Place potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15min or until cooked just through. We don’t want them falling apart.
- Drain, cool and slice, then set aside
- Place bacon in a large cold frypan. Turn heat up to medium. As the heat builds the fat from the bacon will render. Cook till it starts to brown up, about 3min
- Add onion and cook for 3min
- Add vinegar and sugar, scraping the base of the pan to get the golden crispy bits or bacon.
- Add butter and melt
- Toss through sliced potatoes till they are well coated with the dressing and rewarded through
- Serve up warm.
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project